Thursday, August 21, 2008

Homeless kids, and In Bruges

I think I should dress up as a bag lady when I volunteer with homeless kids. Their... love of me... is getting out of hand. I had a kid ask me for my number tonight. He's not the first either. I think there is something about being homeless that gives you lots and lots of confidence. Hmm... Maybe that's what I need, to boost my confidence.... Eh, I'll pass. It is really weird though. And I'm not exactly a nice person... He asked for my number and I responded with "Oh, so you can take me back to your cardboard box?". I mean... I think I'd get the hint with the responses I give people.

So I was talking to my friend about my exceptionally low blood pressure, and low pulse, and it made me think about how much Diet Coke I consume. All that caffeine, must be raising or spiking my blood pressure and pulse in some way, right? If that's true, and my numbers are still so low, what does that mean? I've decided that it means that Diet Coke is the only thing keeping me alive! Without it my heart could stop! My life really does revolve around Diet Coke, because really, it depends upon it. Okay, not really, but I still think it's weird that my numbers are so low even with all the Diet Coke.

So, if you want to watch a funny movie, try In Bruges. Wait, I'm being deceptive... This movie is not a comedy. I repeat, this film, is NOT a comedy. But it is the funniest drama you've ever watched. However, if you are easily offended by the F word, I'd skip this suggestion as well. But if you're fine with the F word, and crass humor, more especially if you like them as well, then this should be your cup of tea. It has amazing movie quotes. Such as:

Ray: I've got four grams on me and one gram in me which is why me heart is going like the clappers, as is I'm about to have a heart attack. So if I collapse any minute now please remember to tell the doctors that it might have something to do with the coke.

Ken: How'd your date go?
Ray: My date involved two instances of extreme violence, one instance of her hand on my cock and my finger up her thing, which lasted all to briefly.
[pauses]
Ray: Isn't that always the way? One instance of me stealing five grams of very-high-quality cocaine and one instance of me blinding a poofy little skinhead. So, all-in-all my evening pretty much balanced out fine.

Overweight Man: What exactly are you trying to say?
Ray: What exactly am I trying to say? You's a bunch of fuckin' elephants.

Ken: Well, here we are in a room with two manky hookers and a racist dwarf.

Chlo: He doesn't like being called a midget. He prefers dwarf.
Ray: This is exactly my point! People going around calling you a midget when you want to be called a dwarf. Of course you're going to blow your head off.

Enough with In Bruges quotes. So I am very seriously broken hearted. One of my best friends Rachel is moving to England to go to graduate school. England? What the heck? There's no way she's going to fit in there. Her teeth are way too perfect. Although if I have a job anytime soon, that would give me a great chance to come visit. Ooohh.... Yay. Wait, not yay. She's going to be thousands of miles away for a whole year! While I'm stuck in the states. Bugger. Alone. Who's going to be my Sushi and Dim-Sum buddy now? Honestly, this blows.

Lastly... You know what sucks? Doing laundry. It takes so much time to do, but you're not really doing anything but waiting, but you still have to be home to switch it from the washer to the dryer, put another load in, etc. It's the worst. At least when you're cleaning you're busy doing something. Laundy is not my favorite chore if you couldn't tell. On top of it all, I'm out of spare hangars. Which means I need to buy more. But... I own a crap load of hangars on which to hang my crap load of clothes, which makes for a crap load of laundry. That's a lot of loads of crap. Man...

No comments: