Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Boys, Birthdays, Twitter

I have the WORST luck with guys. Seriously. So for most of my dating history, I've dated guys that are beneath me, and I know it, and so does everyone else. Sad, but overwhelmingly true. Why would I do such a thing you might ask? Well, I'm kind of a commitment phobe and I didn't want to chance falling for one and marrying someone. I'm just not that kind of girl. Also, since I'm Mormon everyone is asking and prodding about your love life and when you're going to get married and all that crap, but me, I wanted to finish school, and do the career thing, and IF, heaven forbid, IF, I found a guy that suited me, and decided to get married, so be it. But if you couldn't tell, a lot rested on that IF, it wasn't even a when. Now, I've found one, and that's not working out either. I just can't win. Buggers. Although, I'm sitting in the UW law school, while I write this, and I have to say... there are some good looking future lawyers... Perhaps all is not lost.

Twitter. I twitter, probably more than is good for my health, and I'm amazed by all the really cool people I meet there. One problem is that it means I've become disillusioned with my current friends, and realize that all in all, I kind of like my twitter friends more. This is bad. My twitter friends are all online, could actualy be a figment of my imagination, and I like them more? What the hell? I decided to rank some of them. 1. yonderboy 2. mpetnuch 3. binarytales 4. Jamesbressi 5. dgallagher 6. ricktellier 7. benmarvin. Keep in mind that babiesforlunch, allenbrand, meatymonk1, and WDC were essentially exempt from such a list because I obviously love them all they either are, or practically are family.

I'm boring today. I don't know why. But lately, I've been all over football again, as in throwing the football with my Dad. He's great for that. It's been one of the perks of living at home again. One, I get to throw the football all the time, and Two, I get to play Extreme Badmitton, which I think is a Dean family thing we made up, but you play badmitton with tennis rackets, and it rocks. I do suggest trying it.

So when my little sister was littler, I used to tell her stories, children stories that you'd usually see with adorable pictures adorning the pages. They were very random and probably fueled mostly by my non-sleep that I have inhibited for most of my life. She loved them though. She still remembers them, even though they've long been lost to my memory. She's been telling me I should write childrens books for a living. Honestly, I'd love to be a writer. I used to be pretty good at that stuff, but I haven't written a short story or a novel in ages. The idea of trying, is tempting, but the idea of failing, would kill me, so I don't. Is that bad? Should I try it just once and see how it pans out? I'm not sure I can handle rejection, although at this point in life I should be used to it, sadly.

Oh, Birthday... My birthday is in about two weeks. It's on October 13th. In my family, you're expected to make a low-level power point (aka paper with detailed desired birthday madness) that explains what you want to do for your birthday, and what you want. I honestly don't know. I'm not big on holidays. In fact, I hate them. I know, I'm going to hell. Regardless though, I don't know what want. Every year for my birthday, being the nerd I am, we go to a museum or exhibit that is in Seattle. Last year we went to the Museum of History and Industry (MOHAI), and the year before that I went to the Dead Sea Scrolls Exhibit, and the Bodies Exhibit. Problem... This year, there really aren't any fantastic exhibits to go to for my birthday. Which blows. My nerdy side is disappointed. I even looked at going to the Orchestra or something, but nothing plays on my birthday. How Boring. Any Ideas?

As for gifts... I'm living out of boxes at my parents house. I really don't think I should be getting more stuff, until I have a place of my own to put it. Right? So far, I've thought of a couple things
1.Kalanchoe (a plant with little orange flowers)
2. Tiger Lily (a plant with bigger orange flowers)
3. Black boots (My old ones got stolen when my car was stolen)
4. The Cup Cake book they have at Urban Outfitters ( I like baking, so shoot me)
5. Books (I'm a nerd, remember?)
6. mission Impossible 1 (Um, only movie I don't have I think I might want)

That's it. That's lame. There's nothing with any... pizazz. Nothing with any down right Dean qualities. Am I really that boring? Don't answer that. I know the answer.

Problem, is I know what I'd really want for my birthday... But I know I can't have it, and I know it's completely out of my or anyone else's hands. Oh well.

So this one time, a couple of my friends planned a surprised birthday party for me, which actually had a lot more people there than I expected, but anyhow, I spoiled it. How you might ask? Well, my Dad was supposed to keep me away until a certain time, and he didn't hear it right, or my Mother didn't say it right, and so We got home early. I walked in and there were people making virgin margaritas and whatnot and I was so confused. I was like "What are you all doing here?" "Um, Surprise?". Yeah, leave it to me to show up to my surprise party before the guests got there. Love it. Oh, and don't think I was dumb for not realizing it was a birthday thing for me, because it was like the week before or the week after. I'm not dumb. Well, usually.

No comments: