Wednesday, May 7, 2008

McNasty and Black people...

Apparently switching blog sites was a bad idea. lol. I've pissed off my old blog people, and not gotten them to move. Oh well. 

I woke up today... at eleven. Yeah, like eleven in the frigging morning. In case you were wondering, my first class is at 930... and I TOTALLY missed it. I made it to only my last class. The history of Modern Korea! Woot Woot. I hate this class. English isn't her first language, and I have a hard time filtering through her Korean accent. It's awful. I tell you. Can we not afford to have skilled and knowledgeable professors who know how to speak english?I feel worse for the science majors. All the geeky professors, are asian. It's crazy. 

So I haven't blogged in a few days because life got really crazy, and this monday, I was at a funeral all day. It was kind of a sad day. But oddly, a lot of funny stuff happened. I think we were all so sleep deprived and shocked, that a lot of our true humor came out. It all started when my Dad said he wanted to be cremated when he kicked the bucket. I told him that wasn't going to happen since he'd be dead and have absolutely no say. My junior year in college, I took a class called The Comparative Study of Death. Wow, right? An entire quarter discussing death? Oh yeah, and it's one of my favorite of the classes I took. So then I decided to relay some of the information I'd acquired during that class. I informed him, that in fact, he'd have an eco-burial. This is a popular new thing, where a farmer gives up some of his land to be a cemetery, and they bury people in the land, and plant a tree where they bury the person, so the tree feeds off the remains of your dead ones. You then get a tree in their memory, GPS coordinates to find them, and the farmer gets ground for his sheep to graze on. Pretty weird. 

Then we started joking about how you can make a diamond out of the remains of your loved ones, since we're carbon based and all. Then we started thinking how funny it would be if your guy proposed to you, and hands you the ring, and says "This is mom." Then you turn to him and say "You mean, this was your mom's." "No, I this is my mom, we had her made into a diamond." Awkward. Right? We thought it would be hilarious. 

Then I told my Dad that actually, when he died, I'd cremate him like he wanted, then I'd add magnetic particles to his ashes, and make an etch-a-sketch. I could give it to my kid, ha ha. Okay, I am sick, because I think it sounds hilarious. 

So right before we got there, Tess and Raven were both like, I'm hungry! Let's go to McDonald's. I hate McNasty's, and beyond that I wasn't quite hungry enough to stoop to that, but I go anyways since I can get an extra large Diet Coke out of it. ::Ah, Paradise:: So the whole way there, we're joking about some Jewish relatives and how we should go get a role of pennies and make a trail leading into the casket or the hearst, then watch them follow it and disrupt everything. Then we start joking about our relatives who are near, and we start talking about the rednecks, and tossing around redneck jokes. It was all in good fun. My boyfriend is Japanese, so then we started making fun of Asians. We joked about the Confucious says and other cliche stuff like that. 

Well, we pull up at McNasty and the guy in front of us is the big fat black man in a white car, and I turn to my dad and said, "Hey look a black man in a white car". Then my dad says "I wonder if he's compensating for something". Then we all start cracking up and laughing all over the place, and on come the black jokes, and some mexican jokes. The whole while we reach the first window, where you pay, and he reaches the second window, and Tess is getting anxious. So Tess says "Ugh, Can someone get a dozer to move the fat black man? Honestly, shouldn't he be at KFC anyways?" Half way through this, I look up at our cashier, and she's a lovely woman, and she's black. CRApp...... She just glared at us. It was amazing. So I reach back and slap her leg to get her to stop, and it was so funny, because she was like "What?", then looks over, sees the girl, and we all go silent. Once we finally get our food, and whatnot, we burst out laughing. It was so awkward, and yet hilarious. 

So yeah, that was the extent of my weekend. 

No comments: