Friday, April 25, 2008

Blog relocation and law conerences

So I've had a blog for a long time, and while not many people I knew were reading it, there were a fair amount of people I didn't know reading it. I kept it pretty private from people I know, usually because sometimes I stray outside the "appropriate" box, or I'm whining about my friends, and it's pretty awkward when someone walks up to, and is like, "So... you hate me?" "How'd you know?" "Well you blogged about it!" "Oh, so everyone knows?" "Uh, yeah"....

That can make life among the friends pretty tense. Especially because, well since I'm a girl, I'm given the duty to combat the red dragon, and I'll just admit right now, that I'm an emotional hormonal irrational girly she-monster during that time of the month. (What? You all know it's true, no need to sugar coat it). Which brings me to my point, sort of. I'm switching blog spots because while I thought it was awkward to have people I know see my blog, it's worse when they're people you don't know. I mean, I've been doing this for a year or two, built up a decent audience, and now... they know me pretty well, and I'll just say it's creepy. Don't comment on personal blogs when you don't know the person, and never say "I'm here for you". What does that even mean? Considering I don't mention my name on the posts, how weird is it to be like, "Hey Jello Jeans, I'm here for you if you need it. I understand what you're going through. Just remember that you're sweet, and beautiful, and...." First off, how the eff do you know I'm sweet? Have you not been reading my blog for the last whatver? Secondly, how do you know I'm beautiful, since I've never posted my picture. Weird. The comments just got worse over time, so now I'm switching to a safer blogspot and allowing people I know to see it.

I have a bet going with myself trying to decide how long before this pisses someone off, considering how much I use my blogs to complain.

Today is a long day for me. I'm in a conference for disability rights in Asia right now, and I'm listening to a bunch of academics discuss law and policy. Yeah, I'm a dork, because I find it fascinating, but oh well. Anyhow, there's this guy... well, he's a famous law professor here. He's a prick. I hate him. He's the head of the disability studies program at my school, and while you might wonder how I could hate anyone in that program, think again. He's the "head" of the program, and yet, I've never seen him show up to, or help with any disability studies program. He always cancels when you try to get him to show up and support your efforts, or speak with him or get him to speak, it's impossible. He's too good for all that undergraduate stuff. At this conference, I've watched him interrupt countless conversations so that he can talk to someone and the way he does it, is so, sorry but I'm better than you all and I don't care if you're busy, I trump all.

Okay, so the funny thing about this guy, is he's like three feet tall. He's a midget!!! I know, I'm a disability studies activist, and therefore I need to be more cautious, but I don't effing care. Pricks deserve to be mocked in any way possible, and Mr. yardstick and his ... Wow. I'm not going there, but you know, if he's three feet.... Yeah.

No comments: