Thursday, April 24, 2008

Pregnant Blackberries, and toilet training

So pretty much, I have the worst luck ever. I mean, ever! today, I had to piss like a pregnant woman, and so I head over to the bathroom in Denny. I put my phone in my back pocket, which I do often, but it didn’t have the gel cover that makes it less slick on this time around. So when I turn myself around to drop my drawers, what happens? Yeah, that’s right, my phone drops right into the toy-toy, completely submerged in water. At least I hadn’t pissed yet, right? Yeah... I hate my life. Then, I take it out, drain it of water as best I can, before I try using it again, and the screen is still on, and I’m like hey, my $300 phone lived. Woot-woot. Then I try using it. Yeah, pretty much fried. Suddenly, every button is a Q... So no matter what I do, it types a Q onto the screen. Wonderful. Q... The least used and least helpful letter in our entire alphabet.

My mood is real great at this point. I’ve just killed my rather pricey blackberry, and I have this freaking headache that will not go away for the life of me. It started yesterday morning, and I took like 10 Advil, and it totally didn’t go away. I mean, it dulled it yeah, but it still hurt. Then I have a rather non-existent night of sleep, and when I finally decide to get up, my head hurts so bad, I want to cry. So I take Excedrin, because while Advil is just acetaminophen, Excedrin has Acetaminophen, Asprin, and Caffeine. More drugs, for more of a headache. Good right? An HOUR later, it still hasn’t kicked in. So then I look in my purse, and what’s there? Aleve! Good thing, because Aleve has Noproxen Sodium in it. But wait, I’m an intelligent consumer, and I know that drugs can interact with each other in bad ways, so I decide I should go online and see if the drugs can be taken together safely. So I open up the laptop in class, and guess what... No connection in Denny Hall. Oldest Hall on campus, and no internet. Great. So then I decide I should check the warnings on the back of the canister, because at this point, this headache is making me teary eyed. On the back it says “may cause a severe allergic reaction, especially in people allergic to Asprin. Symptoms may include hives, facial swelling, asthma (wheezing), shock, skin reddening, rash, or blisters. If an allergic reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away”.

One thing about this worries me, Excedrin makes me nauseous because of the Asprin, Asprin makes me throw up because unless it comes with something else, my body rejects it. So, I’m going to assume I have some sort of allergy to Asprin. Okay, I can deal with that, so I might have an allergic reaction to Aleve. But, I do have a doctor’s appointment in two hours, so if something did happen, I’d get medical help real quick. This headache is starting to be unbearable. It’s starting to seem more worth it to try this stuff, even with all the possible side effects, because honestly, hives, shock, blisters, all sounds better than this bloody headache. So long as the bottle doesn’t say “may cause death!” I think I’m safe right? Okay, so maybe it’s still not a good idea, but this headache hasn’t gone away, I’m nauseous from the Excedrin, and my hips still hurt. That’s what I’m going to the doctor’s for anyway. My stupid hips. That’s part of the reason I can’t sleep at night. I lay on my hips for an hour, give or take 30 minutes, and my hips start hurting like they’re being separated from my torso by an ogre. What the heck?
I honestly believe I might end up being the youngest person ever to get a hip replacement. I’m really going to kill my doctor if she doesn’t fix something with me, either the headaches, the hips, the dizziness, or the nausea. Oh, yeah the dizziness. I keep standing up, and it’s like, Wow... I’m going to pass out. I’ve only passed out a few times, but still watching the world turn black isn’t very fun. In fact it really blows.

Apart from my health, there’s other stuff that’s crap. Besides the phone, but actually, back to the phone. I now have to replace my phone. That’s effing expensive, especially because I just bought some tickets for something for a friend. What the crap. I hate it. This is already my second one of these, and this one is only like three months old? Or something like that? Ridiculous. Honestly people, I love my phone, but this is just dumb. I need to buy a cheepie crap phone this time, and stop paying $20 a month for the blackberry stuff. Bleh.

No comments: