Thursday, April 24, 2008

Concerts rock, obviously.

I really want to be held right now. I actually just want to fall asleep, but being held helps. I’m having a really hard time choosing paper topics. I have to turn in my paper topic tomorrow for my Scandinavian Studies class. I don’t know the positive way to tell my professor that honestly, no one gives a crap about Scandinavian states. They’re small, military-less, and boring. Besides Ikea, and Nokia, nothing much has come from them. Right? I thought so.

Today is Earth Day. Did you know that? Yep, my favorite holiday of the year. I’m such a frigging hippie. I know, I am. I’ll admit it. The first time I heard about Earth Day, I decided to do at least three things to support the holiday. I bought local organic fruit from a farmers market, I walked everywhere that day, and lastly I took advantage of local parks and cleaned up trash. I do something like that every year, and I love it. This year though.. I have class till 130, then lunch with the guy, and then I have a CRAP load of studying to do because I went to a Raconteurs concert yesterday, (Yeah, you’re jealous, I know, and yes, it was amazing), and then I have to go to work. Bleh. Stink. By the time I’m done with everything it’s going to be like 11 at night. Maybe I’ll go star gazing? That kind of counts.

Anyhow, the concert. Can I just say that I am a Super Girlfriend? Yeah, so my guy loves the White Stripes, and the Raconteurs. He got tickets when the White Stripes were coming then one of them got sick, and so they cancelled the show, like a day before or something. It sucked. Then, the other day he was like I love the Raconteurs, Would you go to their show when they come to here next?, and I said yes, because I like them. Then a day later or so, he found out that they were coming here, but they were sold out because they chose like a 200 person venue. He was ultra bummed. So as the girlfriend I am, I looked online, browsed my connections, and eventually got tickets, although for a rather inflated price.

We went yesterday, and let me tell you, I’m so glad I got them. We were about four feet from the stage, and he was looking around and was just like, I love you. Then he texted his sister and told her, and she was like, yeah, she’s a keeper. What can I say? I think I am, and not just because I’d love to be married to this guy. The concert rocked, and I can’t say it enough or well enough. Except for the bad body odor in front of me, it was seamless. The guy in front of me stank so much! Then the old lady (okay, so she was only like 40 or 50) smelled like pot really intensely. It was moderately amusing. Jack White at the end through something in the crowd, and I think everyone thought it was a guitar pick, but I swear it was like a nickel or something, and a few people just dove to the ground looking for it. I laughed a lot. I think Jack just did that to watch the ripple effect of people freaking out about it. I would have, because it was funny to see people crawling all around the dirty floor searching for something the size of a nickel.

No comments: